Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Florissant during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at B & B Heating & Cooling will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call B & B Heating & Cooling at 314-325-7552 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.