As warmer weather rolls around, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Florissant? Even if your AC system is up-to-date or was cooling good last season.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never expect to book any maintenance for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s a piece of equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your system inspected annually by a B & B Heating & Cooling pro can help locate minor problems before they become major malfunctions. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outside your home, it’s more prone to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly impact your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to take care of delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up within your unit can force it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy use—and a higher utility bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it run longer. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling bill and in the long-term, as you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps spot minor problems before they lead to big, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine pieces and complete a set of air conditioning performance checks. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to locate issues before they become large troubles that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for yearly maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your system is open to advanced meltdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll examine the following locations and components:
- Overall equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with B & B Heating & Cooling
Today is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our B & B Heating & Cooling pros a ring at 314-325-7552 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your house, be sure to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.