When it’s cold in Florissant you count on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system looks to be operating well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can impede air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you could need a furnace repair. The quicker you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like B & B Heating & Cooling.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You could have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You may have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you raised the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could suggest a few specific problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your space.
4. Your monthly bill keeps climbing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps increasing. This could indicate some different problems. Your HVAC professional will help figure out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and close off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The experts at B & B Heating & Cooling will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.