During the cooler Florissant months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to B & B Heating & Cooling will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call B & B Heating & Cooling as soon as possible if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from B & B Heating & Cooling can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call B & B Heating & Cooling at 314-325-7552 or schedule an appointment with us online.