Having routine air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Florissant summertime, have the experts at B & B Heating & Cooling perform your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illegally releasing it to the air.
- Inspect for efficient airflow through the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We advise taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call B & B Heating & Cooling today at 314-325-7552.