Summer has arrived! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Florissant is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While B & B Heating & Cooling always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call B & B Heating & Cooling in Florissant at 314-325-7552 today.