You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a great way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at B & B Heating & Cooling have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you find small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make sure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a huge difference on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting acclimated to the current temperature, try modifying it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your B & B Heating & Cooling technician is over for your regular furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 314-325-7552.