One of the most important parts of the winter is staying comfortable and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is critical throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more necessary. Winters in Florissant are always changing and the frostiest days can often pop up on us, sometimes when your furnace is unprepared. So, before you call in a specialized technician, here are a few things you can inspect first:
- Check your filter – dirty filters are one of the most widespread causes of unexpected furnace failures. Air has a harder time traveling through filters once they are filthy or dirty, causing the system to switch off often times. The older the furnace, the more difficult it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are created to point out clogged and dirty filters before further issues arise. Changing furnace filters every month or so can ward off these troubles and keep you comfy.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep incessant tabs on your thermostat batteries to guarantee that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to switch out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to neglect minor things like the settings of your thermostat. Insure this important step, especially if there was a new spike in temperature that may have caused you to change the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, discover the breakers that run your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On position. If it is Off or in the middle of the two positions, turn the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that appears to look like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, side. It can often be misidentified as a real light switch, which is why it is usually the problem with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Going through these steps is a straightforward and effective way of ensuring the efficiency of your furnace before you set-up a call to your Florissant expert. If there are still difficulties after you have worked through these steps, you will have a much greater idea on how to update your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the problem might be. If you have questions or need to set up a repair, call B & B Heating & Cooling in Florissant.